Monday, October 28, 2013

FINALLY FINISHED

Long Island Newsday-photo credit Uli Seit
The Home Is Where The Heart Is Designer Showhouse opened last Friday evening with a fabulous Gala reception. It was time to celebrate all our hard work and the great charity to benefit from the showhouse-The American Heart Association. I was drawn to participate in the showhouse because of this wonderful charity and the opportunity to design a room with beautiful bones and pedigree. Built in 1891 for Lydia Pratt, the home was a wedding gift from her father Standard Oil co-founder Charles Pratt, the Georgian style white clapboard home has gracious rooms and impeccable grounds. 
All 25 rooms were in show ready condition; furnished, illuminated and accessorized to perfection. They looked incredibly beautiful. I can't wait to share my room and the other designers over the week!
Close up of my beautiful Milo Baughman parsons dining table and custom chairs--ready for dinner!









You always bring more than you will actually use--art, lamps, and for me an entire dining table that needed to be set and styled for an elegant dinner.

8 comments:

therelishedroost said...

Awesome!! It is beautiful!!
Best,
Karolyn

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

I'm definitely going to check this one out. A beautiful job and terrific cause!

The enchanted home said...

You are so good! Love the room....almost went yesterday but there wasn't time. I will email you to find out when you will be there:)

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Wow! that home is stunning. You must be so pleased. Oh, to be so talented and creative; how lucky are you.
xxxx

designchic said...

What a fabulous room - so wish I was close enough to see it all in person! Great job!!

designchic said...

What a fabulous room - so wish I was close enough to see it all in person! Great job!!

Karena said...

arbara what a fabulous home and the dining room...Gorgeous!

xoxo
Karena
Review: "Fifth Avenue Style"

jeje said...

Soho NYC Barbers' location is a breath of fresh air in the city's grooming scene. Situated in Soho, it adds a dash of sophistication to my grooming routine. The convenience of this spot ensures that my style is always on point, no matter how busy my day gets. https://sohonycbarbers.com/